
Each July I anxiously await the coming of Spanish Fork's "Fiesta Day's." It's a special celebration of both pioneer and animal freedoms--the animal freedom thing could be argued sure. (In a recent rodeo the M.C. said that the bucking horses buck "because they want to," while discussing the animals' free state) I love the BBQ'd food, the popsicles and ice cream, putting on your cowboy boots, and heading to the rodeo. At the end of this week I will have attended three rodeos. The men and women that do these things are incredible! The strength and agility required to do the events they participate in is no less, if not more difficult, than other sports known to most of us. These people definitely "Live the Dream"--which is actually this year's Fiesta Days theme oddly enough! To say the least, "Fiesta Days" is one of my favorite times of year. Just last night I discussed with one of my good friends how this local celebration causes us to reflect on our growing up, and remember that this is our "culture." Oh Spanish Fork, thanks for putting on a good show.
No comments:
Post a Comment