Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Drugs Drugs Drugs
Check it. I seriously get perturbed about this stuff. So we give Mexico $331 million, so we "join forces" and set up camp in downtown D.F. but does that really solve the problems that have arisen because of drug trafficking? Who's to blame really? I'm not saying I'm okay with the be-headings, with the killing of innocent civilians (or the killing of anyone for that matter) that are caused by the drug cartels along the U.S.-Mexican border. I am saying, however, that I think there's a little more to this than just stopping violence. There's a little more to this than the U.S. shelling out some money and some office space. If President Obama and the American people want Mexico to fight a war on drugs, then President Obama and the American people are going to have to start fighting a war on consumption and everything associated with it. This means not just attacking the drug lords where it hurts--their pocketbooks (and this can be done by decreasing the demand for illicit drugs here in the U.S.--but this also means controlling the arms trade. Most of these drug cartels are getting there weapons from this "sweet land of liberty." I don't have an answer to all this stuff, and it's really late, but I do know that there's so much that the U.S. could be doing here on THIS side of the border.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I always get a little irritated about stuff like this. The American Gov. always wants to intervene and fix things outside their own borders, rather then address related issues in the interior. I think this attitude has taken over the US in general: if we ignore all our national problems and fix everyone else's our issues will resolve themselves or something. I am glad to hear you don't support beheadings though. I am only ok with it on a case by case basis
But Nathan... what does that do for MEEEEEEE????????? Where's MY gain? What about MY pain and sufferin'????? Eff world peace and all that other garbage, it makes me too stressed out to think about it! Could you pass me that joint? I need to chill out...
Post a Comment