We will be teaching English in Tianjin for at least one year. The city's inhabitants total over 12 million and it is about 125 Kilometers from Beijing (30 minutes by bullet-train).
Needless to say, both McKenna and I are very excited about this new adventure. We are going to eat awesome food, learn Zhongwen, and buy awesome knock-off merchandise! Did I mention that there are parks in central China where you can ride your bike and see Panda Bears? Yeah, we are going to do that at some point. Women qu Zhonghua! And we couldn't be happier.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I haven't written anything for a long time here, but a lot has happened in the past year.
I finished selling pest-control (thank the Good Lord), and then I married this pretty girl:
We were married in San Diego, CA on September 25, 2010.
Three apartments, two birthdays, and one senior thesis paper later, we are really looking forward to finishing up school this winter...even though we did the whole traditional-century-old-graduation-thing before our actual graduation this last week.
Life is really looking good for the both of us right now. Did I mention that we are excited to go to China?
1 comment:
We'd love to hear more about your China experiences! How much Chinese did you end up learning and how long did you stay?
Post a Comment